CLOSE QUARTERS 2007 Programming & Events Overview
July 20-22, 2007
Here's a general outline of how the weekend went. (To see the precise hour-by-hour breakdown, including the final panel schedule, click on "Schedule," above.)
- evening: the con didn't "officially" begin until Friday, but your friendly con organizer, minion(s), and helpful friends were in her room, CQ HQ, and the con room from Thursday afternoon, feverishly working on last minute preparations. Congoers arriving Thursday dropped by to offer their services, hang out, watch eps in the background, and talk Pros. Their help was most welcome!
- morning (~10am): con room opened, registration (dealer set-up began earlier)
- noon: pizza and brownies served in the con room! Lots of pizza! Enough pizza to keep us fed for the next two days, in fact... Cold pizza for breakfast, anyone?
- afternoon: two panels
- evening: Vid Show, followed by Vids by Request, during which anyone could request repeats of vids from the vid show, or other favorites, if available. Others went back to their rooms to watch episodes and, of course, talk Pros.
- morning: two panels
- afternoon: two panels
- evening: dinner at the Greene Turtle, which was great fun - we had our own table in a separate room - followed by the Pros Quiz. This was a challenging multi-part game, with sections like What Happened Next, Observation, Name the Episode, and Identify the Quote, with opportunities even for those who had never seen the show to contribute to their team's success (e.g., by identifying character actors, or watching closely during Observation). Definitely a team event - you needed to pool knowledge for this one! Some questions inspired groans; others smug "aha!"s.
There were great prizes for the winning team - Pros calendars designed by your friendly Con Organizer and printed beautifully by Zazzle.
- morning: breakfast served in the con room - followed by Porny Pros Pictionary. Sounds a little strange, but it was more fun than you could imagine, as participants attempted to illustrate the smuttiest clues imaginable, while the audience called out its best guesses. Hysterical laughter abounded.
- afternoon: one panel, and then dead dog, during which we discussed what worked and what didn't, tips for next time - whether there should even be a next time - and general feelings about the con. After this all that remained was con breakdown and clean-up... And then going back to real life, and dreaming of the next opportunity to talk Pros, Pros, and more Pros, and to dream of B/D...
Problems with the site? Comments or suggestions?
Contact the webmaster