CLOSE QUARTERS 2009 Programming & Events Overview
July 17-19, 2009
I expect the con to follow pretty much the same pattern as last time. The entire con will take place in a single medium-sized meeting room. Panels, dealers, the art show - everything will be in this room. The con suite room opens onto a big outdoor patio/garden, and anyone who wants to take a break from the "official" goings on and chat with friends can hang out there or in the hotel lobby, which is just outside the con suite.
Here's a rough idea of how the weekend will go....
- evening: the con doesn't "officially" begin until Friday, and the con room won't be open until then, but your friendly con organizer, minion(s), and (hopefully!) friends will almost certainly be in her room, CQ HQ, from Thursday afternoon, feverishly working on last minute preparations. Congoers arriving Thursday are welcome - no, encouraged! to drop by. Go to the mailing list to find out the name to ask for at the front desk - you can register early, hang out, watch eps, talk Pros, and possibly be put to work!
- morning (~10am): con room opens, registration (dealer set-up will begin earlier)
- noon: pizza will be served in the con room!
- afternoon: two panels
- evening: Vid Show, followed by Vids by Request (request repeats of vids from the vid show, or other favorites, if available - or just do your own thing)
- morning: two panels
- afternoon: two panels
- evening: dinner at the Greene Turtle, followed by the Pros Quiz. How much do you really know about Pros? This challenging multi-part game, with sections like What Happened Next, Observation, Name the Episode, and Identify the Quote, will separate the "Pros" from the amateurs! Divide into teams to tackle it; you'll need to pool your knowledge for this one. We guarantee that fun and laughs will be had by all, and there'll be prizes for the winning team. (We also guarantee that it'll be shorter than last time! :-)
- morning: Porny Pros Pictionary! Smutty goodness!
- afternoon: one panel, dead dog - let us know what you liked and what you didn't - con breakdown and clean-up
(Updates will continue to be posted on the mailing list, the CQCon Livejournal, and the Updates page of this site, and a final schedule with panels will be posted here in the Programming area of the website before the con.)
Problems with the site? Comments or suggestions?
Contact the webmaster